- Hey @realDonaldTrump 175 countries can't be wrong. #KeepParis #100days @ProtectWinters 3 years ago
- RT @jhski: Local predictions for snowfall in #JacksonHole. With @travrice, @griffpost, @lynseydyer, @jessmcmillan, @hadhammer: https://t.co… 3 years ago
- RT @thenorthface: Team skier @griffpost making a hell of a case for off-season training. #NeverStopExploring https://t.co/yHdExeyehj 3 years ago
- I heart snow forts: facebook.com/matadornetwork… @REI @MatadorNetwork #letscamp 3 years ago
- #campvibes with @rei and @MatadorNetwork #letscamp https://t.co/btzWWeSmAr 3 years ago
Tag Archives: Skeena Heli Skiing
A week at Skeena Heli Skiing- somewhere between a little kid in a candy store and a bull in a china shop
April 8, 2010Posted by on
I might be the luckiest guy ever. After a long season of non-stop competing, marginal snow, and non-stop travel I get to decompress with eight days of exploring new terrain at Skeena Heli Skiing in Northern British Columbia- what!? Needless to say, it’s unreal up here. Located an hour and a half from Smithers, B.C., Skeena gets the snow, but not the socked-in weather typical of operations on the coast. Skeena has as many down days all season as most operations have in a week (four so far this year). With spines, pillow lines, and couloirs as far as the eye can see, I’m somewhere between a little kid in a candy store and a bull in a china shop.
So, what have we been doing all week? Here’s a peak at some of the zones…more action to come.