- Hey @realDonaldTrump 175 countries can't be wrong. #KeepParis #100days @ProtectWinters 4 months ago
- RT @jhski: Local predictions for snowfall in #JacksonHole. With @travrice, @griffpost, @lynseydyer, @jessmcmillan, @hadhammer: https://t.co… 9 months ago
- RT @thenorthface: Team skier @griffpost making a hell of a case for off-season training. #NeverStopExploring https://t.co/yHdExeyehj 9 months ago
- I heart snow forts: facebook.com/matadornetwork… @REI @MatadorNetwork #letscamp 9 months ago
- #campvibes with @rei and @MatadorNetwork #letscamp https://t.co/btzWWeSmAr 10 months ago
So, apparently this is the page where you learn all about me. Hmmmm…. let’s see. I was born in Austria, raised in Idaho, and formally educated in Colorado, although my real education has taken place throughout the world. I’m fortunate enough to make a living skiing- I’m one of the luckiest people in the world. I competitively ski on the Freeride World Tour, and am honored to ski with some of the best skiers in the world and hang out with some of the best people in the world. Somedays I spend all day on google earth, just day dreaming, planning expeditions I may or may not ever get a chance to do.
I think that skiing is one of the most selfish activities one can do, and for that reason I think it’s incredibly important to try to give something back. I mean, c’mon, if you’re lucky enough to get to ski for a living you better be helping other people out that are less fortunate than you, which is a lot of people. I don’t think skiing is an ends in itself, but rather a means to accomplish larger, big picture goals. If in ten years all I’ve done is win some competitions and film some segments, I’ll be pretty disappointed in myself.
What else? Oh yeah, sponsors. How to put this subtly? My skis are always perfect no matter the conditions, I’m never too cold nor too hot because my outerwear perfectly regulates my body temperature, my feet never hurt nor get frost bit, my hands are never cold, I always feel safe in the backcountry, my goggles never fog, all while I’m skiing the greatest mountain in the world.
That’s about me in a few hundred words! Oh yeah, my friend Carlos took the above picture and I stole it from him… sorry and thanks Carlos!
- 2nd 2009 Las Lenas Freeskiing Open; Las Lenas, Argentina
- 5th 2009 Nissan Russian Adventure; Sochi, Russia
- 3rd 2009 2009 U.S. Extreme Skiing Championships; Crested Butte, CO
- 4th 2008 Freeride de Tignes, Tignes, France
- 1st 2008 Telluride Freeskiing Open; Telluride, CO
- “Sickbird” Belt Buckle Winner; 2008 Squaw Valley Freeskiing Open; Squaw Valley, CA
- 2nd 2008 Nissan Mammoth Quest; Mammoth Mountain, CA
- 1st 2007 Jackson Hole Freeskiing Open; Jackson Hole, WY
- 2nd 2007 Telluride Freeskiing Open; Telluride, CO
- 3rd 2007 U.S. Extreme Skiing Championships; Crested Butte, CO
- 1st 2006 U.S. Extreme Skiing Championships; Crested Butte, CO
- Film Segment: “Linescore” Coreshot Films, 2007.